Phone: +685 23670
Fax: +685 23555
UN to focus on improving the lives of the most vulnerableJun 26, 2016Fifty representatives from the Government of Samoa and Tokelau, together with civil society organizations, private sector, United Nations agencies and other development partners gathered last Thursday at the Tatte Building, in Apia, to attend the consultation organized by the United Nations Country Team in Samoa.
How to work together with the UNJun 19, 2016More than fifty representatives of civil society organizations, the private sector and other development partners attended the consultation organized last Thursday by the United Nations Country Team in Samoa.
World Environment Day Focus on Protecting WildlifeJun 17, 2016This year, the World Environment Day of the UN Environment Programme was celebrated on the 5th of June. The focus this year is on illegal trade in wildlife, such as the killing of elephants for their ivory.
National Consultations to develop new UN Pacific StrategyJun 14, 2016National consultations with civil society organizations and the private sector to develop the new United Nations Pacific Strategy (UNPS) 2018 – 2022 will take place this Thursday, 16th June, 2016 at the FAO Conference Room at Matautu-Uta starting from 9:00am. More than 50 participants are expected to attend representing NGOs, civil society groups, farmer groups, culture and fine arts, private sector representatives, tourist operators, and youth groups.
Strengthening national capacity to boost integrityJun 8, 2016Samoa’s Senior Government Officials are working with the UN in a two-day workshop to analyse where Samoa is already complying with best practices in the UNCAC (United Nations Convention Against Corruption) and to identify challenges still needed to be addressed to boost integrity in the public service.
Fostering youth entrepreneurshipMay 28, 2016Representatives from the private sector, NGOs, Government Ministries and United Nations agencies gathered in The Orator Hotel, Tanumapua, on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th of May to discuss the creation of a Small Business Incubator for Youth in Samoa.
United Nations delegates visit SamoaMay 26, 2016Two delegates from the Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) of the United Nations System based in Geneva, visited Samoa last week.
Cook Islands launches Access & Benefits Sharing ProjectMay 16, 2016To strengthen the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol, an ABS project for the Cook Islands held an inception workshop in Rarotonga on Thursday, May 12th, 2016.
World Press Freedom Day celebrated in SamoaApr 29, 2016To commemorate World Press Freedom Day, UNESCO, FAO and UNDP, in partnership with the School of Media and Journalism of the National University of Samoa, organized a seminar that brought together Communication Officers from Government Ministries and Media Representatives.
Celebrating excellence in gender-reportingApr 27, 2016UN Women and UNDP - in partnership with the School of Media and Journalism of the National University of Samoa - celebrated the IPPWS Media Awards.
UNDP Samoa MCO on Facebook
- Tangi ke, spectacular day one at our Raurau Akamatutu Workshop in Mangaia. Great participation with 31 participants. Thank you to Papa Mayor, EO, participants, our facilitators Rangi, Josie, Ana, Celine, Melina and photographer Johnny. Looking forward to another great day for day two. As our facilitators said bring it on. Climate Change resilience! LOCALLY FRESH organically grown produce Broccoli, star fruit, pawpaw, green onions, chilies and tomatoes. From the local farmers to the dinner plate. :) Locally grown Broccoli is sweet and delicious! Thank you to our sponsors SRIC-CC Adaptation Fund, UNDP and BSP. UN Women Pacific UNDP in Samoa, Cook Islands, Tokelau & Niue Bank South Pacific Janet Samuel United Nations Development Programme - UNDP You Know You're Mangaian Helen Henry Celine Dyer Rangi Mitaera-Johnson Ana Tiraa Varo Media ML Tuiravakai Adaptation Fund Ivy Kesilake Yesterday AT 02:11 AM
- In the Pacific, native species of plants and animals are a precious commodity that must be sustainably managed and protected from commercial exploitation for their medicinal benefits. There are indigenous Pacific plants with potential health properties that can be explored for their commercial value. There are also Pacific marine resources that are being over exploited such as tuna, sea cucumber and live coral specimens. These indigenous genetic resources are a part of the national heritage of the Pacific, and comprise the global international biodiversity. Yesterday AT 07:45 PM
- Fifty representatives from the Government of Samoa and Tokelau, together with civil society organizations, private sector, United Nations agencies and other development partners gathered last Thursday at the Tatte Building, in Apia, to attend the consultation organized by the United Nations Country Team in Samoa.This was the first of fourteen national consultations on the new UN Pacific Strategy 2018-2022. Over the next three months, similar consultations will be undertaken across the Pacific to ensure that the UN’s collective response is in line with national and regional development priorities. #UNPS Sunday AT 07:22 PM
- National consultations with civil society organizations and the private sector to develop the new United Nations Pacific Strategy 2018 - 2022 in pictures. 16 June AT 10:01 PM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Samoa MCO on Facebook