Phone: +685 23670
Fax: +685 23555
UN Youth NZ Students Visit UNDP Samoa OfficeJul 12, 2016Ten high school and university students from colleges and universities throughout New Zealand visited the UNDP Multi-Country Office in Apia this week on Tuesday 12th July, to learn more about the work of UNDP in international development, environment and sustainable development. The students were led by two senior youth members, with the visit aiming to expand their knowledge on international relations and especially to pique their interest for the UN Volunteers programme.
Inception Workshop for GEF-funded Ridge to Reef Niue ProjectJul 8, 2016The Ridge to Reef project for Niue had its inception workshop on Thursday 07th July 2016 at the Niue Golf and Sports club in Fonuakula, Alofi.
Launch of the new Sub-Regional Strategy of the UNDP Small Grants Programme (SGP)Jul 5, 2016The lush greenery of the Samoa Cultural Centre, A’ai o Aganu’u Samoa was the picture perfect setting for the recent launch of the Small Grants Programme Sub-Regional Strategy 2015-2018 for Samoa, Tokelau and Niue organised by the Small Grants Programme (SGP) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
UN to focus on improving the lives of the most vulnerableJun 26, 2016Fifty representatives from the Government of Samoa and Tokelau, together with civil society organizations, private sector, United Nations agencies and other development partners gathered last Thursday at the Tatte Building, in Apia, to attend the consultation organized by the United Nations Country Team in Samoa.
How to work together with the UNJun 19, 2016More than fifty representatives of civil society organizations, the private sector and other development partners attended the consultation organized last Thursday by the United Nations Country Team in Samoa.
World Environment Day Focus on Protecting WildlifeJun 17, 2016This year, the World Environment Day of the UN Environment Programme was celebrated on the 5th of June. The focus this year is on illegal trade in wildlife, such as the killing of elephants for their ivory.
National Consultations to develop new UN Pacific StrategyJun 14, 2016National consultations with civil society organizations and the private sector to develop the new United Nations Pacific Strategy (UNPS) 2018 – 2022 will take place this Thursday, 16th June, 2016 at the FAO Conference Room at Matautu-Uta starting from 9:00am. More than 50 participants are expected to attend representing NGOs, civil society groups, farmer groups, culture and fine arts, private sector representatives, tourist operators, and youth groups.
Strengthening national capacity to boost integrityJun 8, 2016Samoa’s Senior Government Officials are working with the UN in a two-day workshop to analyse where Samoa is already complying with best practices in the UNCAC (United Nations Convention Against Corruption) and to identify challenges still needed to be addressed to boost integrity in the public service.
Fostering youth entrepreneurshipMay 28, 2016Representatives from the private sector, NGOs, Government Ministries and United Nations agencies gathered in The Orator Hotel, Tanumapua, on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th of May to discuss the creation of a Small Business Incubator for Youth in Samoa.
United Nations delegates visit SamoaMay 26, 2016Two delegates from the Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) of the United Nations System based in Geneva, visited Samoa last week.
UNDP Samoa MCO on Facebook
- This particular project was to allow for excess water to flow out of the taro patches on Pukapuka. In the past, flooding has caused damage and loss for the locals. The new drainage will see that, only some of the water remains. Project was designed by the locals on Pukapuka and funded through the SRIC-CC Programme. 24 July AT 06:21 PM
- Inception Workshop for GEF-funded #Ridge2Reef Niue Project The Ridge to Reef project, a regional initiative funded by the Global Environment Fund and administered by the United Nations Development Program is aimed to enhance Niue's capacity to effectively create and manage protected areas for biodiversity conservation, provide for sustainable use of natural resources, and safeguarding of ecosystem services. It focuses on the expansion of its protected estate on land and on its marine areas through a combination of community conservation areas and government-led protected areas. http://bit.ly/29SsTYr 24 July AT 05:57 PM
- Samoa has already compared its national Strategy for Development with the SDGs in order to inform the next strategy to come in effect in July. It has set-up a cross-government task force to spearhead action on the SDGs. It has started to assess the available data and data needs to monitor real progress against them. Most importantly, it knows the reality of “being left behind”. It knows that it is more than a slogan, that it is about real people, and real countries, that cannot be hidden under global or national averages. 17 July AT 05:26 PM
- SRICCC Mitiaro UV Water Filter Project - Providing Clean Drinking Water for our communities. Water is essential for our livelihood. Water security for a resilient Mitiaro. Pa Enua Projects are funded by the SRIC-CC Program UNDP with financial support from the Adaptation Fund. #ResilientMitiaro #SRICCC #ClimateChangeCookIslands United Nations Development Programme - UNDP UNDP in Samoa, Cook Islands, Tokelau & Niue Ana Tiraa ML Tuiravakai Ngamata Patricia Tuara Demmke Celine Dyer Ivy Kesilake Joanne Kabeabealani Ann-Marie Vahineriitua Roi Techelle Kae 15 July AT 03:37 PM
- "See more posts on"UNDP Samoa MCO on Facebook