Phone: +685 23670
Fax: +685 23555
Polynesia youth to attend climate change conference in Apia, SamoaAug 23, 2015With the theme #MyClimateActionStory, the conference will be the first time for young people from Niue, Cook Islands, Tokelau and Samoa to come together for action-orientated dialogues and activities with the following three objectives.
#MyClimateActionStory - Huega Detlef Isaia - Climate Warrior from TokelauAug 21, 2015Huega Detlef Isaia is a young climate warrior from Tokelau. He is a fisherman and the youngest member of the Taupulega (Council of Elders) in Nukunonu Village.
Samoa to Paris: Getting our story to COP21Aug 20, 2015UNDP Samoa has started something big. Something global. Something that will address climate change head on.And we hope to see many Samoans getting involved in the campaign called “Pole to Paris” – starting on August 24.
Marshall Islands | Efficiency: How the Republic of the Marshall Islands increased theirs within energy generationAug 19, 2015Efficiency is a keyword. Not only for companies, development agencies and governments but also for individuals and nature in general.
#MyClimateActionStory - Samantha Kwan - Climate Warrior from SamoaAug 19, 2015#MyClimateActionStory Features Samantha Kwan, a young climate change warrior from Samoa making a difference.
Kiribati | The Pacific way – turning coconuts into powerAug 19, 2015Coconut palms wave lazily yet happily at passers-by in the Central Pacific afternoon sun, providing a first insight into its own, century old, role in supporting the island lifestyle.
Cook Islands | Taking a chance by taking a stanceAug 18, 2015The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), has assisted the Cook Islands to achieve this important goal through the ‘Palmerston Island Solar PV-electrification Project,’ part of the larger on-going regional Pacific Island Greenhouse Gas Abatement through Renewable Energy Project (PIGGAREP) project.
Speech by Lizbeth Cullity at the Launch of the first ever State of Human Rights Report for SamoaAug 17, 2015Speech by the Resident Coordinator of UN in Samoa, Lizbeth Cullity at the launching of the first ever State of Human Rights Report for Samoa August 2015.
Samoa celebrates the 2015 International Youth DayAug 12, 2015The Samoa National Youth Council (SNYC), in partnership with the Ministry of Women, Community and Social Development (MWCSD), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) and the Embassy of the United States is leading the organization of a very ambitious event aiming at fostering youth participation.
Speech by Lizbeth Cullity for International Youth DayAug 12, 2015Speech by Lizbeth Cullity on the commemoration of International Youth Day 12 August 2015 in Samoa. The celebration was held at the 'Home and Away' grounds in Sogi opposite the Tanoa Tusitala Hotel.
- WIth amazing support from UNDP in Samoa, Cook Islands, Tokelau & Niue, Pole to Paris: Global Voices launched in Apia, Samoa earlier this week. Here are some of the best shots from the fantastic event which saw over 250 Samoans take to the streets in support of strong climate action at COP21! We're now looking forward to 16 September, when our next Global Voices event, being held in collaboration with Generation Zero Christchurch, will take place Christchurch, New Zealand! Momentum for change is building, let's all keep our voices raised all the way to the final day of #COP21! 4 hours ago
- Don't forget to check out our contest album from the Pole To Paris march for the chance to win a tablet or smartphone from Digicel Samoa! If you see yourself in the photo with a poster, tag and share to get the most likes you can! The top 3 will receive a prize! Make sure you share away before the competition closes on the 17th of September, 2015! #myclimateactionstory #roadtoparis #COP21 4 hours ago
- SAMOA FAAFAFINE ASSOCIATION @ POLE TO PARIS PARIS PARADE #UNDP #CLIMATECHANGE #SAMOA Thursday AT 05:43 PM
- A massive thank you to all that turned out for the Pole To Paris run yesterday! Was amazing to see so many people and amazing slogans. We will upload photos today of the event. So make sure you tag yourself and share the photos! The photos with the most likes will be in the draw to win a tablet or a smartphone, thanks to Digicel Samoa #roadtoparis #myclimateactionstory Thursday AT 03:56 PM
- "See more posts on"Facebook