Phone: +685 23670
Fax: +685 23555
Celebrities paopao “Race Against Time” remind us that is now time to tackle climate change Sep 29, 2015The initiative, called Race Against Time is part of the Vailima Alo Paopao Festival, Samoa’s primer international outrigger event. The aim of the competition is to raise awareness on the actions people need to take to contribute to the global fight against climate change. In a world where we continue polluting, burning fossil fuels and emitting greenhouse gases, Alo Paopao brings back the use of traditional canoes that does not require any fuel.
Samoa joins the worldwide celebrations of the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Sep 26, 2015A bold new global agenda to end poverty by 2030 and pursue a sustainable future was unanimously adopted yesterday by the 193 Member States of the United Nations at the start of a three-day Summit held at the UN Headquarters in New York.
Home Sweet Renewable HomeSep 21, 2015The Government of Tuvalu has created the Tuvalu Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Master Plan, Enetise Tutumau 2012 – 2020. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), is supporting a Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Demonstration “Fale”, fale being the Polynesian word for house.
UN Resident Coordinator keynote address at Preach to end violence against Women and girls workshop at FAO conference roomSep 16, 2015The keynote address by the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Lizbeth Cullity at the Preach to end Violence against women and girls workshop. The workshop, a joint programme by UNWOMEN and UNESCO, was held at the FAO conference room on 16 September 2015.
The preservation of the life we live on land through the integration of biodiversity into national policies. The Case of the Cook Islands.Sep 1, 2015“We have always lived in close proximity to our environment and it is excellent that we are integrating this important biodiversity aspect into our national frameworks,” highlighted one conference attendee.
Climate Change Storytelling ContestAug 28, 2015Write your best climate change story and get an opportunity to join and cover COP21.
Polynesia youth to attend climate change conference in Apia, SamoaAug 23, 2015With the theme #MyClimateActionStory, the conference will be the first time for young people from Niue, Cook Islands, Tokelau and Samoa to come together for action-orientated dialogues and activities with the following three objectives.
#MyClimateActionStory - Huega Detlef Isaia - Climate Warrior from TokelauAug 21, 2015Huega Detlef Isaia is a young climate warrior from Tokelau. He is a fisherman and the youngest member of the Taupulega (Council of Elders) in Nukunonu Village.
Samoa to Paris: Getting our story to COP21Aug 20, 2015UNDP Samoa has started something big. Something global. Something that will address climate change head on.And we hope to see many Samoans getting involved in the campaign called “Pole to Paris” – starting on August 24.
Kiribati | The Pacific way – turning coconuts into powerAug 19, 2015Coconut palms wave lazily yet happily at passers-by in the Central Pacific afternoon sun, providing a first insight into its own, century old, role in supporting the island lifestyle.
- As UNDP Administrator Helen Clark has portrayed, “although biodiversity loss continues globally, many countries are significantly slowing the rate of loss by shoring up protected natural areas and the services they provide, and in expanding national park systems with tighter management and more secure funding.” Cook Islands is one of these countries working towards that and as a Party to the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD) since 1993, has already achieved many milestones as part of the obligations to the CBD. Yesterday AT 10:34 AM
- This week the Falease'ela Environment Protection Society revealed their Participatory 3D model of the community's watershed and rainforest area! The Society is working with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment with support from GEF Small Grants Programme and UNDP to restore, protect and share knowledge about their local environment. Check out the photos of reveal and go to the Society's own Facebook page to receive regular updates about their progress! #ourenvironment #oursamoa 04 October AT 02:13 AM
- A Meteorological Drought is now in effect for Samoa. The very dry and low rainfall levels has been felt in Samoa the past few months. Do stay safe from the sun and conserve water wherever possible. 03 October AT 09:30 PM
- Great story on Food Security in the Pacific! It highlights our Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) programme implemented throughout the Pacific with the Pacific Environment Information Network [PEIN]. The article includes some incredible pictures of our region, which we are lucky enough to call home! #ourpacificbrothers #ourpacificsisters 03 October AT 12:43 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook