United Nations Photo Competition (Open to Samoa nationals only)Feb 7, 2018
‘Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world’. – Sustainable Development Goal 5
We are celebrating the contribution and importance of women and girls in our society. The UN is calling interested individuals and groups to participate in a photo competition celebrating gender equality in the lead up to the International Women’s Day on 8 March 2018.
The theme for the competition is ‘Sisterhood’, illustrating the support that women and girls provide not only to each other, but to their families, friends, communities, the country and the world.
To enter, you must submit the following:
• One high resolution photo
• 150-word paragraph describing your photo and how it relates to the theme.
• The following information: name, village and telephone number.
• Also provide the name of the photographer for proper credit.
• One individual or group must not submit more than THREE entries.
All entries to be submitted to Gerard Anapu via email: firstname.lastname@example.org 10.00am Samoa time on Monday 26 February 2018. The winners will be announced on 8 March 2018, International Women’s Day. The top three photos will feature on the UN website and social media accounts with prizes.
Terms and Conditions
All photographs submitted must be the applicant’s own work and must not have been previously published elsewhere. By submitting your work to United Nations Country Team in Samoa, you are agreeing to allow us to use your photograph in future communications work (full accreditation to the photographer will be provided with each individual use).
· Mr. Gerard Tuii Anapu, Communications Officer, E-mail: email@example.com – Phone: (+685) 23670 ext. 58